I've recently read several books that take place in Old Testament times-following the lives of the patriarch's wives, and it has made me so appreciative for this day-in-age and all of the technologies and modern advances that we so often overlook. Today my girls and I were able to talk face to face to my best friend Jill and my brother Joshua, who both happen to be in Japan, over the miracle of the internet and webcams. What a blessing this is!! People can be worlds away and we can still communicate with them as if they were right beside us. Josh has never met Lauren in real life, but he's been able to see her and she him and become acquainted through the portal of modern technology. Compared to the distant journeys that people used to make and the news traveling by individual messengers, this is such a blessing. Even the fact that I can write this from the comfort of my own home and it can be read by those who wish wherever they may be is a miracle in and of itself. I feel so grateful to live during this time.
Perfect-Day moment
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment