This was one of those stay-at-home days when it was just me and the girls with no errands to be run or appointments to attend. While it is sometimes easier on busy days to be more aware of the outward blessings received from others, it is these simple days that allow me to focus in on the everyday blessings that I so often overlook.
Today I feel very blessed for the beloved gift of patience. Not for mastering it, but for seeking it more earnestly. Patience is something that I find myself praying for quite often; and in those little on-the-spot prayers when I need it most, I am very blessed to receive a little nudge to step back, take a deep breath and start again a little kinder. As I was reflecting on how much I need to be patient with others, I realized how much others often need to be patient with me. Even my sweet two-year old, Abigail, who is at the forefront of my battle for patience, is in turn patient with me when I am not understanding her correctly or have to accommodate someone else before her or whatever the situation may be. And she is not alone. I wonder how much patience the Lord has for each of us? For me? I think He must have a lot, and I am very grateful for it and hope to continue to be blessed with more and more myself.
Today I feel very blessed for the beloved gift of patience. Not for mastering it, but for seeking it more earnestly. Patience is something that I find myself praying for quite often; and in those little on-the-spot prayers when I need it most, I am very blessed to receive a little nudge to step back, take a deep breath and start again a little kinder. As I was reflecting on how much I need to be patient with others, I realized how much others often need to be patient with me. Even my sweet two-year old, Abigail, who is at the forefront of my battle for patience, is in turn patient with me when I am not understanding her correctly or have to accommodate someone else before her or whatever the situation may be. And she is not alone. I wonder how much patience the Lord has for each of us? For me? I think He must have a lot, and I am very grateful for it and hope to continue to be blessed with more and more myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment