Today I finally got to speak to my brother, Josh, on skype. I've been watching for him for weeks as he's been at sea, and it was so great to talk to him again- even if for but a few minutes. He serves in the United States Navy, and earlier this week (on his birthday actually) he, and brave men like him, came to my mind as I was singing America the Beautiful.
I feel such gratitude to live in this country, where we have so many freedoms and privileges to really pursue happiness in the way that we choose. I know that this freedom is being defending daily, and I am so grateful for it- for our freedoms, for the brave men and women who preserve it, and for the men and women years ago who dedicated their lives to establishing it.
I really believe that it was God's plan to create a place of freedom and democracy where His gospel could be restored and spread throughout the rest of the world. I see His hand in history and I see it in my life day by day. I am so blessed to live in this country and I am blessed to know and love those who defend her freedoms. I love you, Josh!
No comments:
Post a Comment