I've been spending the last few days with my best friend, Jill, and I feel so blessed for this wonderful 'mom vacation' as I've been calling it and for some great times with a great friend. It was actually Drew's idea for me to get a little time away from the rigors of mommy life, and I am so blessed for him to be so empathetic to my needs, and to help me so that we can both be the best parenting team we can be. I remember talking to him and feeling so stressed, but now that I'm back in town with my girls and looking back, I dont' really remember why I was stressed- so I think my 'mom vacation' must have really worked to help relax and rejuvinate me : ).
Jill is my best friend in the entire world (for those of you thinking 'why isn't her husband her best friend?', don't worry, Drew is my 'king friend,' which is really just a different scaling system so I don't have ever use the term 'second-best friend' for Jill because, really- who wants to be a 'second-best friend'. So I have a king friend and a best friend. I digress...) As I was saying, Jill is my best friend in the entire world and it has been so great to spend a few days together. I am so blessed for her and our friendship (that no one else really seems to understand) and for the time we have laughing, reminissing, and looking forward to the future together. This little vacation was just so great; to sleep in, to stay up late, to play games only to win and then forget who wins once it's over, to shop only to make fun of the things in the store, and to just be there for each other. Yes, I am blessed for a best friend, and I am blessed for a king friend who lets me have a little vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment