Our ward chorister asked me to conduct the music in Sacrament Meeting today, and it ended up being difficult on some levels, but such a blessing on others. Abigail and Lauren did so well during the first two songs- they just sat with Daddy, snuggled Grandma, and visited Grandpa, but Abbie decided to perk up during the closing hymn. We were ending the meeting by singing "We are All Enlisted" and during the chorus there is the line: "Happy are we, happy are we!" Abigail, who had been singing her own little words throughout the song suddenly heard this and started singing- just about at the top of her lungs- the "Happy Birthday" song (which she continued through the remaining verses). I know that it was loud, because everyone in the congregation started cracking up and I had to work my hardest not to totally lose it while I was looking at her and leading the music. Try though I might to keep my composure and be a little upset with her, I just couldn't. It just seemed so perfect for us to be singing the words "Happy are we" and looking around and seeing it be so true. People were smiling as they were singing and it just seemed so right. Abigail can be quite a little rascal at times, but today she made me happy and many other people happy and I think that that is a blessing.
Perfect-Day moment
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment