Today we left our day pretty open and decided just to get out of the house and go do some exploring. Our first stop, as it commonly is, was Grandma's house, and I'm so glad that we got there when we did and were able to help my Mom and take her hurriedly over to Great Grandpas when she needed to get there. Grandpa woke up not feeling well at all today, and it was the worst I'd ever seen him. I haven't been too close (geographically) when my other grandparent's were dying, so it was hard for me to see him this way, but I'm so glad that I was able to.
The girls did great at staying busy and playing so we could stay for quite some time, and it was such a blessing to be there with family and to hold my Grandpa's sweet hand and talk to him like I always have. I'm not sure how much he was understanding; I know he tried to speak to me, but it was hard for me to understand. But I do know that he knows I was there, and I know that he knows I love him. I'm so glad that his little girls could be there- his little girls that he has loved watching grow up from little bundles to busy little 'grandmas' as he calls them, because they are always playing with his cane and walker. They were there; his big blue eyed Lauren and his talkative and smiling Abigail- happy and busy as always- to see him and give him hugs and kisses and just be there.
I am grateful that we left our day open so that we could visit Grandpa like we have so many times before, and I'm grateful that my little girls have been able to know and love their Great Grandpa for so long.
No comments:
Post a Comment