Friday, November 7, 2008

A Prjoect Completed

This has been a really busy week for me. I've been doing an architectural project for a friend and it's my first 'real-world' design endeavor that I've done by myself and there has been a lot of emotions and triumphs and disappointments all crammed into just a few short weeks. Today, though, was the turning point and I feel so so blessed.
My main struggle has just been my confidence. It's been a few years since I've been really active with my architecture skills, and even that was only in hypothetical design, not in the real world. So, today I was quite anxious about presenting the final construction documents to the contractor and then turn them in to the Building Department. But it went so well. So well. So well that if I hadn't been so darn tired from staying up all night last night to finish everything I would have been jumping up and down for joy, instead I just took a nice relaxing breath and had a big smile on my face for the rest of the day. It was just so nice to know that I was on the right track and had done everything right (and way beyond what was expected, actually). That is a big confidence booster for me and a big blessing.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I knew you'd be amazing! Way to go, Rebecca!!!

Melinda said...

Good job! =)