Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

What a day!
I love Thanksgiving. I love the food and the family and the traditions and the ads. But most of all I really love that we have this holiday- a day dedicated to gratitude- and remembering from Whom our blessings come. We really an abundant life and have so much to be thankful for. It can actually be a bit overwhelming to think of all the bounties and blessings that we enjoy, but I am glad to do it : ). I created this blog, this record, to help me remember all of the blessings that I receive on a daily basis, no matter how big or small, and to help me to always be watching for blessings that I might have previously not been aware of. And so, today I feel such an overwhelming gratitude for this year and for life: for the blessing upon blessing which we have been given, and I am grateful for my biggest blessings of all.

I am thankful for my Savior, whose love and forgiveness surpasses even my greatest follies;
For my knowledge of the plan of happiness, that gives me a surefire faith to endure to the end, which end I know will be great;
For my family, whose unconditional love makes me want to live more worthily to be with them forever;

And for great friends, who motivate and inspire me to always do better.
I am so blessed.

No comments: