Today's Relief Society lesson was so beautiful and powerful. I felt the spirit so strongly and I know that this lesson was prepared and anticipated for this time in our lives. The lesson was on enduring our trials and tribulations well, and gave several accounts from Joseph Smith's life that are just heart-wrenching. I guess trials in general have been on my mind lately; not even necessarily because we are being downtrodden with them, but because I see them all around me- in the lives of my family, my friends, my church, and the world in general. Part of me just wants them to all go away, but I know that they really are there for a reason- to help us become better and stronger, to help those around us, to help us be more empathetic for others, and more. I keep thinking of the quote from Elder Worthlin's recent conference address: "Come what may, and love it." And I think that's really what it's all about. To love it; life. Even amidst the trials and the burdens we are given to bare. I feel blessed for this reassurance and hope I can find a little more peace despite the storm.
Perfect-Day moment
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment