Friday, February 27, 2009

Big Girl Abigail

My baby is growing up. I sometimes just can't comprehend how fast time is really going- it truly seems like just yesterday that Drew and I were bringing home our little Abigail and now she is almost 4, smart as a whip, and becoming so independent. Tonight she went to a movie night at her friend's house for dinner, dessert, a movie, and playing. I just am not used to this!! I was so nerdy on the phone with her friend's mom trying to figure out if I should be there with her or what I was supposed to do in this situation- we are used to playdates where I am always there and this was the first time that she was getting dropped off to play by herself, not to be babysat.
And she had a wonderful time! She's probably been ready and waiting for an opportunity like this, and I know this is just the beginning.

I guess the blessing that I've been thinking about for today is just how blessed I am to have been cherishing this wonderful season of both our lives. I am sometimes tempted to just want her to grow up, take care of herself, go to school and the like, but overall I think I really have been blessed to drink in these young years and love the time I get with her all to myself. I know I can do better at slowing down and just living and loving each day with her, but I feel so blessed that I've been able to really be aware and sensitive to this impressionable time in her life and to make the most of it. I love my Abigail- even if she has to grow up.

No comments: