Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sweet Sister

My biggest blessing of the day came this morning before I even got out of bed- that makes for a pretty good start to a day : ). Abigail and Lauren had woken up and crawled into bed with Drew and I and Abbie was being the sweetest big sister she's ever been. All of the corrective phrases I've been teaching her on how to react and treat her sister suddenly surfaced and I even started crying as I heard her being so sweet to Lauren. Here is a little tidbit from their conversations:


A: Oh, come her Sweetie, it's okay. Do you want a hug?
L: Dah (yeah)
hugs
then Lauren pulls away and smacks Abbie across the face (ouch)
A: It's okay, Sweetie, you just made a mistake. Please don't hit me again, it hurts my feelings.
L: Diss? (kiss)
Lauren gives Abbie a kiss


and so forth...


I was just so impressed with how patient Abbie was with her as they cuddled and played for twenty or so minutes in the covers. What a little sweetie! And what a big blessing for her Mama.

No comments: