Monday, April 20, 2009

Peacemaker

Today was a big day. Some friends of mine have been having a hard time in their marriage and family life and they have been constantly on my mind and in my prayers and today I was so blessed to witness a big step forward for them. I found myself, as a friend to both parties, as a mediator who helped them say what's been unsaid for weeks between them. And I know it wasn't me; I truly believe that we can be instruments in the Lord's hands and today I really felt like I was one. I was His. I was doing His will and I was able to find the strength to be in a potentially confrontational situation and be a peacemaker instead. I was able to personally witness this tender moment when differences were settled, apologies were given, and renewed loved ones embraced. What a glorious blessing! I have been on a spiritual high all day. Not everything is perfect, there are still obstacles to conquer for them, but I feel the infinite power of the Lord in overcoming the cunningness of Satan's plans to tear families apart. I am hopeful. I am blessed.

No comments: