Saturday, April 4, 2009

Seattle Trip

Today we had a wonderful day trip with our friends the Flores' and the Jensens. It's hard to pick out one specific blessing from the day, because the whole day was wonderful, but I feel impressed with the blessing that comes from gathering with friends. Yes we spent the day enjoying the city sights with our friends, but at the end of the day we went with Mike and Lauralee to their Community Center for a little dessert potluck and it really reminded me of what a blessing those casual, yet comforting get togethers are. I had a wonderful time- and I only knew them!-although the dessert was a good friend of mine too... The event just made me realize that I need to take more initiative to be social with those around me- to support them, know them, love them, and maybe even eat dessert with them. I think we sometimes need to give (or get) a little boost from those around us, and I think that that is a big blessing that I want to make happen in my life.

No comments: