What's the best thing I've learned from my awesome girls weekend? That it's up to you to make things happen in your life. This HI Weekend idea was just part of a casual conversation that the four of us had last summer, but we actually took it from an idea and made it happen!
I was in charge of hosting this year's weekend and despite my efforts for feedback or decisions to be passed on to others it was really my job to plan and make our activities happen. Once I finally realized this and just took the plunge to make the reservations and get our itinerary planned everything worked out so great! Each and every thing we did together I kept thinking, "Oh, I am so glad that we decided to do this and made it happen."
I think this is something that I struggle with in life sometimes. I am blessed with various ideas, inspirations or thoughts, but I never do anything with them. Heavenly Father is not going to do everything for me; He may not even let me know what is best to do, but that is what this life is all about. To take our blessed agency and actually use it to decide for ourselves and make it happen. I am very blessed to be reminded of this today and to hopefully apply it in my life and take my ideas, make my decisions, and go for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment