skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Tonight we had a quick family night and I am amazed at the blessings we receive by following this simple commandment. I wasn't prepared to give a big lesson so I was thinking to wait until tomorrow night, but Drew stepped up and did the lesson on a whim and we were blessed because of it! He read an article in The Friend to us and the girls were really into it- I was so surprised that Abbie really comprehended the story and even applied it to her life. Part of the story, "Tangerines," was about asking before we take something and Abigail quickly pointed out how that was like us and our neighbor, Tony, with his blueberries. She explained how even though he said we could pick his blueberries whenever we want, we should always ask first and then say thank you. !! This was a great parenting moment of joy- she is really learning and picking up on things and to finish the evening off she drew a picture of her and Tony, our neighbor, and his blueberry bush. What a big blessing for me as the mom : ).
No comments:
Post a Comment