Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lamanites and Nephites

I have the sweetest, funniest girls. I am blessed in this alone, but even more so when their imaginitive playfulness just makes me so happy. This morning as I was cleaning up our breakfast dishes and tidying the kitchen the girls were playing their version of Ammon and the sheep in the living room. In our family scriptures study we are currently reading about the great missionary Ammon (you can check out the reference here to know more of the context). The girls love to act out everything they read or watch or hear, so this was no exception. I was cracking up as I saw them set up one of their dolls and name him King Lamoni, get their stuffed animal sheep to go by their waters of "sea-bus" and then take turns being Ammon and a bad Lamanite. Abbie would wrap her arms around Lauren and carry her to the doll, then Lauren would go tend the sheep and Abbie would grab it and run all over with it. Of course, Lauren would chase her and try to chop her arms off with her hand and take the sheep back to where it started. And on and on they played. And on and on I just smiled and laughed. I am so blessed that they are really applying the scriptures to their lives.

No comments: