Friday, November 13, 2009

Stand Up Comedy

This is not a joke. Tonight I did a ten minute stand up comedy bit at our ward's talent show. I didn't decide until yesterday that I was going to do it and I didn't write most of my material until today. Despite this last minute preparation it went so well. Better than I was even hoping for. Comedy is so tricky because you're either going to be a huge success or you're going to train wreck, and I really did not want to train wreck. I feel blessed today for many things: for the idea to try this, for the love of the people in my ward who I felt I could reveal this part of me to, for the ideas for material that would relate to the audience, for a great sister who came over and let me practice and gave me suggestions so I would be confident, and just for the guts that it took for me to do this. It really made me feel good to try something new and be successful at it.

No comments: