It has been on my mind for several months now to create a record of the daily blessings that occur in my life amidst the outward chaos that sometimes can be overwhelming. I was initially inspired by Henry B. Eyring's recent General Conference address "O Remember, Remember," where he suggested "to recognize and remember God’s kindness" in a way that is individually fitting. To me, this is a fit; or at least I hope it will be, as I record the Lord's blessings of kindness as seen in my life. While I do acknowledge that I am blessed daily, I make no promise of daily posts as my missed entries would soon become disappointing to me. Already I feel like I am way behind- because I have been blessed so much in my past, and though I may share a few of my most memorable miracles, this blog's purpose is for the present. Looking forward to the future, and leaving a record to remember the past, but most importantly for each present day to have my outlook swayed from my selfish desires to those of humility and gratitude.
President Eyring recounted his experience of this: "Before I would write, I would ponder this question: 'Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today?' As I kept at it [his record,] something began to happen. As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in the busy moments of the day. As that happened, and it happened often, I realized that trying to remember had allowed God to show me what He had done. More than gratitude began to grow in my heart. Testimony grew..."
This is my desire and the intent of my blog. Maybe it is selfish; to record something to try and gain similar to what others have gained, but I believe that it is to help my be less selfish. I hope that this can be a trend to be embraced by many. For me a blog is easier than a written journal- I am at the computer often and a spell-checker's built in, but the bigger benefit, I hope, will be the sharing of these accounts and the spread recognition of a greater work at hand. While I am sure that this blog will probably benefit me personally the most, I hope it may also benefit each who visits and potentially inspire others to also 'remember.'
No comments:
Post a Comment