Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Breakfast, Library & Church

I have a pretty open schedule. I don't really like the term of a "stay at home" mom because I consider myself more of an "out and about" mom. But because many of our days are so flexible, the girls and I have been working on asking in our prayers to be guided as to specific things we should do during our day and then act on them. Today's breakfast prayer was similar in this manner and directly following breakfast I had the idea to go to the library for the Book Babies class. We usually attend the Toddler Storytime every week and were just at the library a few days ago, but we checked the time of the class and headed out for it nonetheless.

I believe any answer to a prayer is a blessing in and of itself, but today I felt as if the act itself also blessed and hopefully will continue to bless our lives. There was only one other mom at the class and it was a great opportunity for she and I to get acquainted as well as our girls- she has two also. Though I already feel blessed with the great friends I have, (which, if you're reading this, probably includes you), I really could use another local friend- can you ever have too many? And possibly she could use one too.

Following the library we were heading towards Drew's work to visit him at lunch when I began thinking of another friend. I remembered that she usually had a meeting at this time at our church building and brings along her daughter, and while doing so I found myself turning to the church parking lot and finding her car there. I took my girls inside and we offered to play with Camille in the nursery so she wouldn't have to sit through the adult meeting. It was a great surprise for my girls and one for Camille as well. I really felt like both she and her mom appreciated her playtime; isn't it interesting how allowing our actions to bless others really just seems to bless us too?

1 comment:

Hillary said...

You're so amazing, Rebecca. You truly inspire me in so many ways.