Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Prophet Dear

Today during Family Home Evening our family remembered the marvel of a man that was Gordon B. Hinckley. While I was preparing for the lesson I felt impressed to turn to the hymn he wrote, My Redeemer Lives. The sweet words seem so appropriate now:

I know that my Redeemer lives, Triumphant Savior, Son of God,
Victorious over pain and death, My King, my Leader, and my Lord..
He lives, my one sure rock of faith, The one bright hope of men on earth,
The beacon to a better way, The light beyond the veil of death.
Oh, give me thy sweet Spirit still, The peace that comes alone from thee,
The faith to walk the lonely road That leads to thine eternity.

I feel so blessed to have heard the words of the Lord taught through President Hinckley over the majority of my life, and I know that his memory will be a blessing I will cherish for the rest of it.

No comments: