I feel particularly blessed today to receive the guidance I needed on how to handle a certain situation. Mothering seems to be flying by and I can't believe that my once tiny bundles are becoming little girls. I know there will be many times when I will need to provide instant counsel and help them in their changing lives, but it just seems like it shouldn't be happening already. Today Abigail was being quite curious about her body, and at first I wasn't sure how to scold her, or if I should scold her, or what to say or do at all. But after a quick prayer I felt inspired to use the situation to teach her about how special and sacred Heavenly Father made our bodies. The whole conversation came to my mind almost as I was saying it, and she was quick to listen and understand, which is another blessing in and of itself. I think it ended up being a great teaching moment instead of an awkward criticism that it could have been. I am grateful that my mind was open and that the Lord filled it with what I needed when I needed it most.
Perfect-Day moment
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment