I often try to be optimistic about the infamous 'terrible twos' and today I feel very blessed to see some of the 'terrific twos' that sneak in between the ominous meltdowns. All day Abigail has been extra loving of her younger sister, Lauren-wanting to always play with her, share with her, and include her in absolutely everything. That was the blessing I was thinking to focus on until this evening's prayers.
Tonight was the first night that Abigail really insisted on saying both her own personal bedtime prayer and our family prayer (with "No help, Mom"). After a long and tiring day, her sweet prayers brought me so much joy; Drew and I both caught each other peeking at the other with tears on our faces. Abbie prayed to her Heavenly Father and thanked Him for her day and then asked Him in turn to bless Laurie Lou and Mommy and Daddy and Abbie. She then asked that we have a good night and closed, "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!"
It is just such a sweet blessing to know that under her sometimes rascally exterior, she has the sweetest spirit and really has learned so much- more probably than I know of. At the end of the day, it is such a blessing: a blessing of comfort, a blessing of joy, a blessing of hope. And I am so grateful for my sweet Abigail, one of my biggest blessings of all.
Tonight was the first night that Abigail really insisted on saying both her own personal bedtime prayer and our family prayer (with "No help, Mom"). After a long and tiring day, her sweet prayers brought me so much joy; Drew and I both caught each other peeking at the other with tears on our faces. Abbie prayed to her Heavenly Father and thanked Him for her day and then asked Him in turn to bless Laurie Lou and Mommy and Daddy and Abbie. She then asked that we have a good night and closed, "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!"
It is just such a sweet blessing to know that under her sometimes rascally exterior, she has the sweetest spirit and really has learned so much- more probably than I know of. At the end of the day, it is such a blessing: a blessing of comfort, a blessing of joy, a blessing of hope. And I am so grateful for my sweet Abigail, one of my biggest blessings of all.
No comments:
Post a Comment