Due to a variety of factors, Drew and I have been working over the last two weeks to help transition Lauren from breast to bottle. Today I feel very blessed to witness the progress she has made. For Lauren, just the fact that she is able to nurse is a huge blessing. Not breastfeeding her was a heartache that I had already allowed myself time to grieve for and recover from before she was born, so expecting only to pump and use specially made bottles, it was such a miracle to nurse her from day one. It is such a blessing to me now, though, that she can gradually make the transition to only bottles.
Only a few short days ago Lauren was refusing bottles as Drew and I were tirelessly trying and trying to feed her one. After a humbling moment and acceptance that it would definitely be easier to not try to do this all on our own, I said a quick prayer of desperation to help us know what to do. After hours of attempts, the answer was simple- take a break- and try again. A break was needed...for all of us. And afterwards, Lauren drank a little from her bottle, and she has continued drinking a little more from her bottle and a little less from mom day by day.
Today, I see the Lord's kindness in our consistent efforts paying off. After her morning nap, Lauren drank 11 ounces from her bottle...she will now take a bottle from me, she will eat enough for a meal and not just a snack, and I haven't nursed her since 7:00 am yesterday. I am so grateful that my little girl can be healthy and happy and I can too.
Only a few short days ago Lauren was refusing bottles as Drew and I were tirelessly trying and trying to feed her one. After a humbling moment and acceptance that it would definitely be easier to not try to do this all on our own, I said a quick prayer of desperation to help us know what to do. After hours of attempts, the answer was simple- take a break- and try again. A break was needed...for all of us. And afterwards, Lauren drank a little from her bottle, and she has continued drinking a little more from her bottle and a little less from mom day by day.
Today, I see the Lord's kindness in our consistent efforts paying off. After her morning nap, Lauren drank 11 ounces from her bottle...she will now take a bottle from me, she will eat enough for a meal and not just a snack, and I haven't nursed her since 7:00 am yesterday. I am so grateful that my little girl can be healthy and happy and I can too.
No comments:
Post a Comment