Today I am extra grateful for my sweet girls. I've been thinking about the scripture in 2 Nephi: "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy." Scriptures definitely have different meanings and applications to me at different times in my life, but today that has just really hit home about how one of our main purposes of this mortal existence is to have joy. That's why Adam fell...not to meet our selfish desires, not so we could fill our lives with busy activities, not so we could wallow in sorrow, but to have joy. And for me, true joy comes from a few places--two of which are only knee high.
This evening I was playing with Abigail and Lauren and they were just being so fun. I love when they laugh so hard that it seems their happiness is radiating from them. I know that one of the reasons of having children is to have joy in our posterity, but sometimes that is hard to remember between the tantrums and the time outs and the diaper changes. So it was an extra blessing for me today to be very consciously aware of the joy that my girls bring to my life. I love them.
I feel the Lord's kindness in my life today as I cling to the sweet moments of true joy that I have with my girls. They are such a joy to me, and I am so blessed to have them in my life, especially as my daughters.
This evening I was playing with Abigail and Lauren and they were just being so fun. I love when they laugh so hard that it seems their happiness is radiating from them. I know that one of the reasons of having children is to have joy in our posterity, but sometimes that is hard to remember between the tantrums and the time outs and the diaper changes. So it was an extra blessing for me today to be very consciously aware of the joy that my girls bring to my life. I love them.
I feel the Lord's kindness in my life today as I cling to the sweet moments of true joy that I have with my girls. They are such a joy to me, and I am so blessed to have them in my life, especially as my daughters.
No comments:
Post a Comment