Sunday, February 17, 2008

A New Outlook

Today a speaker in church mentioned how sometimes it is our perspective that really changes the way we interpret the blessings in our lives. He suggested that we sometimes have to put on different 'lenses' to see the blessings and miracles that are all around us already. I think this is so true, and I am grateful for the Lord's kindness in reaffirming this to me today. That is one of my hopes for this Blessing Blog idea...that I and others will begin to see the world and the Lord's hand in it differently, and that we will gain a greater realization of how much we really are blessed. After a few weeks of writing different posts, I can already witness this change in my life. Each day I am pondering which of the many blessings I experience or noticed to mention, and it has started to change my natural tendency to look inward at only myself to looking outward at others. I am grateful for this change and hope to make it even greater.

No comments: