Friday, February 29, 2008

A Stressful Afternoon

Today was a glimpse of a life that could have been. For some time I've been struggling with the decision of whether to work from home or part time or not, and I've already received my answer that now is my season just to be at home with my girls and work on architecture in a more passive sense. Today I feel very blessed for following through with that answer, even though part of me always wants more architecture.

To apply for a building permit in our community development a site plan and other drawings must be done- even for the small project that we want to do -- a fence. I was so excited to do the plans and have some drafting fun again, but once the deadline jumped by two weeks and I needed to start and finish it today during one naptime, I was less than enjoying myself.

I guess I just feel blessed for the simplicity of my life right now. Even this small stress just ruined the rest of my day. The girls didn't nap as a long as I'd hoped after I tried very hard to correlate their schedules and I didn't get it finished before they woke up so I was suddenly grouchy at them when I never would have been before and just wanted to get it done. Suddenly every little thing upset me and I didn't really enjoy our afternoon together; and a project that should have been fun was burdensome.


I am grateful for the Lord's patience with me and for His wisdom that is so much mightier than my own. Sometimes I think I know what I want, but ultimately I just want to be happy and return to live with Him, and He probably knows the best way for me to do that. I think for me right now, it is devoting my attention to my sweetest little blessings.

No comments: