For awhile now I've been thinking about acting upon my inspirations and I've basically come to the conclusion that without acting on them they are of no value. I often have different ideas come to my head- some are probably stupid enough to be my own, but most I think are inspirations from the Lord and are worthy of some follow through. I sometimes think about making an 'idea journal' because I have so many different ideas that I never seem to act on, but I've decided instead to just start doing! Today I feel the kindness of the Lord in my life by allowing me to realize this small truth and I am excited to continue forward in however He directs me with even the smallest of actions.
Here are a few of the things that I am doing and no longer just thinking about doing...
Writing a book- I've been researching and pondering the architectural subject matter for quite some time now, but it's time to get serious. I feel that I can better be an instrument in the Lord's hands by hopefully blessing others with some of the talents that I have been blessed with.
Submitting my idea for an LDS game- I've had this thought for a long time now and still no one else has come up with it, so what can it hurt to give it a try?
Making handy bags for the homeless- I feel so blessed for the abundance which we enjoy and often want to help others, but the logistics just seem to hold me back. Specifically I always want to reach out to the homeless or others who are standing at intersections with signs etc., but I never seem to have anything handy; so I had the idea to make gallon-sized bags full of healthy snacks, water, and possibly a picture of Christ that I can easily give. Today I finally decided just to do it, so I bought the supplies and have the first few kits already in the car.
I don't write these things to boast of myself, but to keep me honest in doing them. Once written, my determination seems more finalized- these are no longer ideas floating in my head, but concrete plans that I must follow through with. I feel blessed this day for the small leap of courage that it takes me to actually do instead of only dreaming of doing.
Here are a few of the things that I am doing and no longer just thinking about doing...
Writing a book- I've been researching and pondering the architectural subject matter for quite some time now, but it's time to get serious. I feel that I can better be an instrument in the Lord's hands by hopefully blessing others with some of the talents that I have been blessed with.
Submitting my idea for an LDS game- I've had this thought for a long time now and still no one else has come up with it, so what can it hurt to give it a try?
Making handy bags for the homeless- I feel so blessed for the abundance which we enjoy and often want to help others, but the logistics just seem to hold me back. Specifically I always want to reach out to the homeless or others who are standing at intersections with signs etc., but I never seem to have anything handy; so I had the idea to make gallon-sized bags full of healthy snacks, water, and possibly a picture of Christ that I can easily give. Today I finally decided just to do it, so I bought the supplies and have the first few kits already in the car.
I don't write these things to boast of myself, but to keep me honest in doing them. Once written, my determination seems more finalized- these are no longer ideas floating in my head, but concrete plans that I must follow through with. I feel blessed this day for the small leap of courage that it takes me to actually do instead of only dreaming of doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment