Today I feel very blessed to have attended the temple. Getting to the temple seems to get harder and harder as our lives fill with other things, and I don't think that it is by accident. I think the blessings of the temple are so great that the adversary works very hard to keep us from going. It definitely felt like that today...it seemed like one thing after another kept going awry and maybe we should once again postpone our trip, but I just decided that that was it and we were going to go no matter what- if Satan is working so hard to keep me from going then I'm just going to have to work even harder to make sure and get there. And we did. We left with one bathroom off limits due to a flooded toilet that would just have to wait, no dinner prepared for ourselves on the trip, our girls with their aunt who had to change her plans to come, and we had to set off in the heat of rush hour traffic. But we made it. Earlier in the day I read a promise from Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone on the back of the Seattle temple schedule: "I promise you that all who faithfully attend to temple work will be blessed beyond measure ~ Your families will draw closer to the Lord, unseen angels will watch over your loved ones when Satanic Forces tempt them, the veil will be thin and great spiritual experiences will distill upon this people." There are so many great blessings from temple work- many of which I probably don't even realize, but I am so grateful this day for the opportunity to serve there and to be blessed myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment