Today Drew and I attended a session of the Worldwide Leadership Training Broadcast. What an experience. We arrived at the empty church building with no one there and our first thought was that it had been canceled. The door, however, was unlocked and the broadcast was set up and running, but with no one else was there to watch. It was an odd feeling, being the only ones in the chapel, but it really made the teaching so applicable to me. It felt as if each speaker, though addressing all adults in the church as a whole, was speaking directly to me and Drew....because in our setting they literally were. We were the only ones there, and as such we were able to give our undivided attention and also comment to each other about how different things would fit to our circumstances.
The broadcast really provided a lot of the answers that I've been searching for. Drew and I attended the temple yesterday with concerns in our hearts and today feel like we have the guidance we've been waiting for. Aren't the ways of the Lord fascinating? Yesterday I was expecting to go to the temple faithfully and pray earnestly and receive my answer there, but the Lord chose for me to put forth a little more effort...a little more faith, a little more prayer, and receive my answer in His way, not my own; on His timetable, and not my own. Even the answer is His, and not what I would have chosen for myself.
I feel very blessed to have been nudged by the spirit (via my sister) to attend the broadcast today and amgrateful for the answers, guidance, and counsel that I received there.
The broadcast really provided a lot of the answers that I've been searching for. Drew and I attended the temple yesterday with concerns in our hearts and today feel like we have the guidance we've been waiting for. Aren't the ways of the Lord fascinating? Yesterday I was expecting to go to the temple faithfully and pray earnestly and receive my answer there, but the Lord chose for me to put forth a little more effort...a little more faith, a little more prayer, and receive my answer in His way, not my own; on His timetable, and not my own. Even the answer is His, and not what I would have chosen for myself.
I feel very blessed to have been nudged by the spirit (via my sister) to attend the broadcast today and amgrateful for the answers, guidance, and counsel that I received there.
No comments:
Post a Comment