Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Wise Servant

I am so grateful for a husband who is so willing to serve the Lord. Drew has definitely been carrying the church calling load for our family recently, and I know that our whole family is blessed for the service he extends. What I am most grateful for, though, is his efficiency in serving-- not that he is unwilling to give more time-- but that the time he reserves for the Lord is not wasted.

He has been following the counsel given him by our Stake President, to reserve only one night a week for his calling, and to have all of his meetings, visits, interviews, etc. planned into one time away from family, and leave the other nights for other family activities. Other than his Sunday meetings and separate service projects, Wednesday evening is the only time he fulfills the majority of his call outside the home. I guess I just feel very blessed that he serves so wisely, and for the receives blessings for himself and our family as a whole as a result.

This Wednesday evening I see the kindness of the Lord in the opportunities given to serve, and the blessings that can follow when we but magnify that call.

No comments: