Last night before going to bed I said a prayer that I would be able to wake up early in the morning so I could get a jump start on painting the playroom so I wouldn't have to stress about doing it during the day. Lauren woke up around 3:15am and just needed a little snuggling. I snuggled her and put her back to bed, and feeling very well rested I got right to work painting. I painted for several hours and finished right as the girls were waking up at 8:15. I am very grateful for the small blessing of being able to wake up early to get some work done.
Sometimes the phrase "getting up on the wrong side of the bed" really rings true with me. For me the problem is getting up at the right time... basically enough time before my girls where I can feel rested, and also be ready for my day. Getting a shower and being dressed before the infamous knock on their door can sometimes make or break a day for me. I remember struggling with this in high school. I'd have so many things planned for my day, but somehow would oversleep and it would just throw off everything and it would take me most of the day to get my schedule (and my attitude!) recovered.
The girls have been listening to some primary songs in the car and one that stuck out to me the other day had the lyrics "Early to bed and early to rise, make a man healthy and wealthy and wise." I remembered this not just because it's an annoying round that can't help but get stuck in your head, but because I think that that really is true. Getting a good start on the day can really make you healthier and feel better. I'm not sure I want to get up at 3:15 every morning, but I definitely want to try and get a better start on the day- I feel very blessed for the one I had today and what I was able to accomplish with that time.
Sometimes the phrase "getting up on the wrong side of the bed" really rings true with me. For me the problem is getting up at the right time... basically enough time before my girls where I can feel rested, and also be ready for my day. Getting a shower and being dressed before the infamous knock on their door can sometimes make or break a day for me. I remember struggling with this in high school. I'd have so many things planned for my day, but somehow would oversleep and it would just throw off everything and it would take me most of the day to get my schedule (and my attitude!) recovered.
The girls have been listening to some primary songs in the car and one that stuck out to me the other day had the lyrics "Early to bed and early to rise, make a man healthy and wealthy and wise." I remembered this not just because it's an annoying round that can't help but get stuck in your head, but because I think that that really is true. Getting a good start on the day can really make you healthier and feel better. I'm not sure I want to get up at 3:15 every morning, but I definitely want to try and get a better start on the day- I feel very blessed for the one I had today and what I was able to accomplish with that time.
No comments:
Post a Comment