Thursday, March 27, 2008

Procrastination

Today I am reminded to not procrastinate. I think I usually think about procrastination in terms of 'the day of your repentance' or for goals or for things that need to get done, but today I am thinking about it in terms of service. I have been trying to help out my friend and her family by watching some of her kids while she is in the hospital and give her mom a break who's in town also helping, but I've procrastinated my service. We had planned on me probably watching her boys this Friday so I called today to plan for tomorrow, but they just decided that they'll be heading out of town for awhile with grandma, and I feel like I missed my chance to offer much needed service. I'd been only offering my time for when it would be most convenient for my schedule, and should have just called earlier in the week and had them come over when it was convenient for them before they leave.

I spoke with my friend today and I was asking what else I can do for their family and she just mentioned if I could help watch one of her boys so he could have some play time out of the house with other kids to keep his mind off of everything else it would be great for him and a great break for her mom and great for her to put her mind at ease. I just felt so guilty- because that is truly what I had been wanting to do, but I procrastinated it and now I won't be able to help for another week when they get back.

I don't know why I'm exactly thinking of this as a blessing- being reprimanded to do better doesn't feel like a blessing on the surface, but I guess I just feel that I am blessed to know what to do better next time and I really hope that I can rise to the occasion and not procrastinate my service.

No comments: