Today my friend, Jessica, and I did our visiting teaching and visited several women in our area. We always carpool and take our girls with us (which can get a little crazy at times), but I think that it is such a great blessing for us and for the girls that we can all go together. I used to never want to take my kids with me, because of the inevitable distractions, but now as good behavior is being taught and understood I think it is so great that they can be a part of this service.
I love that we drive together. Abbie loves having her friends ride with us in the car, plus it saves on gas, but most importantly it is so great to be together and united in our compassion and concern for the sisters we visit. Because it's a twenty minute drive each way, Jessica and I get some time to actually talk to each about our lives and our struggles, but also of those sweet women we love and how we can serve them better. The biggest blessing I think though, that was really made clear to me today, was the example that we are setting for our little girls and for the experiences they're having by coming with their moms on the Lord's errand. Every time they join us in saying a prayer before we leave, they help carry in goodies for others, they listen to the lesson, they listen to a prayer for others and I hope they will understand the purpose for being "willing to mourn with those that mourn... and comfort those that stand in need of comfort".
Today as I watched our little girls, I think they are beginning to, and I believe that that is a blessing.
I love that we drive together. Abbie loves having her friends ride with us in the car, plus it saves on gas, but most importantly it is so great to be together and united in our compassion and concern for the sisters we visit. Because it's a twenty minute drive each way, Jessica and I get some time to actually talk to each about our lives and our struggles, but also of those sweet women we love and how we can serve them better. The biggest blessing I think though, that was really made clear to me today, was the example that we are setting for our little girls and for the experiences they're having by coming with their moms on the Lord's errand. Every time they join us in saying a prayer before we leave, they help carry in goodies for others, they listen to the lesson, they listen to a prayer for others and I hope they will understand the purpose for being "willing to mourn with those that mourn... and comfort those that stand in need of comfort".
Today as I watched our little girls, I think they are beginning to, and I believe that that is a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment