Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Little Reader

Today so many blessings seem to come to mind, but I think I'll write about one that might seem quite small and easily overlooked. As I was tidying up this evening after Lauren was in bed, Abigail was playing quietly by herself and asked if we could read some books. I wasn't quite done with what I needed to get done so I suggested that she go ahead and read a few without me and then I'd come and read some to her.

And she did.

I think that is a blessing. She, ever so patiently picked a few books and 'read' them out loud to herself as I finished up and then we cuddled and read more until it was time for bed. The transition from being a newborn and so ever dependent upon me to a sweet little girl who can be so independent has rushed by me; I loved my Abigail from the moment I knew about her, but it is such a blessing to me now to see how much she has grown. This is just a small little moment, a small little blessing, that brought these years of memories and blessings to my mind, and I am so grateful for them and for her. I love her so much; and if it's possible, even more everyday.

No comments: