Friday, April 11, 2008

A Trip to the Park

The nice weather has arrived, and that in and of itself is a blessing to me- I'm so excited to to be outside more in general and to not be cold all the time when I am. Today, though I am grateful for a great trip to a park and for meeting some new friends. After nap time I was getting the girls ready to go play outside when Drew called to check in. He suggested that I take the girls to one of our community parks on the lake to play, and we went for it. It was so fun- it's only a two minute drive there and the girls loved being by the water and playing on different play equipment, and they especially loved when two other moms and their kids joined us. It was great for me to meet some more young moms in the area- just a street or two away- and Abigail really loved making a new friend, Adision (Addie). We were there for almost two hours and when we headed home Abbie gave her new friend and her mom a hug goodbye and told them she loved them. It was so sweet- little kids are so innocent and kind, and loving towards everyone. I am grateful for taking a little extra effort into our outside time today and for a great visit to the park.

No comments: