Saturday, May 31, 2008

Baby Shower

Today was little Phoebe's baby shower, and I feel very blessed for so many things about today, but I'll just mention a few. The first is for my great supportive family. I could never pull off a lot of the hosting things I do without the support of my mom and husband. They are such a blessing to me, and though I sometimes think that I strive on stress, they really help eliminate it and let things flow smoothly.


I feel so blessed with the turn out and the way the shower went. We ended up picking a pretty busy Saturday, and there were many people who couldn't come, but there were some who came that I wasn't expecting and that is such a huge blessing to me. I just loveTeriDawn and little Phoebe so much, and want others to join in their special celebration, so it was great to have a living room full of her family and friends there.


How can I not mention Phoebe? What a little sweetheart she is, and it was such a blessing to have her there- it's so fun to have showers when the baby's already born and everyone can meet her. I also especially thought it was a blessing that Phoebe's big sister, Sariah could come to the shower as well. She was just glowing with pride over her little sister, and she just livened the room by being there.


I am so grateful for the blessing of babies- Heavenly Father is so wise. Many different animals have babies that can practically take care of themselves right from the start, but with us He created perfect, beautiful spirits, that are bound in the cutest, helpless bodies. What growth and joy we all experience from nurturing and being around babies, and Phoebe is no exception.

No comments: