Today was another good, yet frustrating Sunday. We still aren't quite jiving with afternoon church, but we are making small steps to get there. Today Abbie was incredibly tired during Sacrament Meeting, but couldn't settle down enough to fall asleep. As it was the first Sunday of the month, today was fast and testimony meeting, where members of the congregation can come and publicly bare their testimonies or witness of their beliefs and what they know to be true.
I bare my testimony to my Sunday School class almost every week, but I haven't done it publicly for quite some time, and today I felt very impressed that I should. Abbie, however, seemed to have another plan for me, so despite my efforts to keep her busy long enough for me to go up to the stand, it never really worked. I wound up quite frustrated by the end of the meeting, but I guess that I truly am grateful for the blessing of having a testimony, and for going over it in my mind during the meeting, and for feeling prompted to share it, as I don't always feel that. So, it wasn't quite the scenario that I would have picked out for the meeting, but I am grateful for it nonetheless, and I have a few more strategies up my sleeve for Abbie next month if I feel so prompted again.
No comments:
Post a Comment