Friday, May 16, 2008

Camp Stephens

Today I really wanted to go camping. Apparently not enough to call ahead and make a reservation, but I still really wanted to go and get outdoors. We were all quite excited to go and so it was quite a disappointment that Zion's Camp was totally booked. We tried one other state park and then took the scenic drive home where we decided to go to Camp Stephens (aka our backyard). I must admit that I was pretty grouchy about not getting to do just what I wanted, but I am so grateful and blessed to have Drew and Melissa with me to cheer me back up as we grilled hotdogs and roasted smores by the fire in the backyard. It was just fine for Abbie and Lauren, and it will serve as our warm up for future campouts this summer. Drew and Abigail even laid out their sleeping bags in the living room and watched a movie together. I am often the person who stays positive and finds ways to make things work out, and it was nice to know that if I'm having an off day, that someone will be there to do the same for me. Camp Stephens was quite a blessing in disguise.

No comments: