I am sorry if I'm a little proud, but I really think that Drew has to be the best Daddy ever. It is one of the things that I love the most about him as a person- how much he loves our girls and how much they love him. He truly blesses my life every single day.
I think I set a pretty high standards for Dads in general. My Dad is amazing and I love him and respect him so much. In fact, one of the things that I used to struggle with was just naturally wanting to go to him for many questions and advice instead of turning first to Drew once we were married. Both men are incredible. And so having a great Dad myself, I really expect quite a lot from Drew- diapers to be changed, Daddy-Daughter nights, disciplining help etc., and Drew has always stepped up to the plate and exceeded my high expectations. Today was no different.
Drew went on a kayaking trip with the scouts last weekend and ever since Abbie has wanted to go in Daddy's boat and paddle like Daddy. So today after work, Drew picked up a lifejacket for Abbie and they headed to the lake together to go paddling. It was the sweetest experience for me, even though I was only an observer- and one that I will just treasure forever. Abbie, sitting in front of Drew in his kayak and the two of them paddling together around the lake. Abbie was so proud of herself, and I was and am so proud of Drew. He really is the best Daddy and he shows it in little ways like today. I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment