Today my thoughts cannot help but turn to fathers. I have truly felt the kindness of the Lord in my life through fathers all around me. My father has always been one of my heroes and someone whom I try to emulate. Some of my greatest memories of my Dad have been when it's just the two of us in one-on-one time. My Dad always tried to come to my games and meets during high school. It was especially neat when they were away games because I knew I had someone routing for me, even in a crowd of strangers. My Dad and I grew up doing karate together, running together, working together, and laughing together. He is one of the funniest and most selfless men I know. I love my Dad.
Drew's Dad has also had influence in my life, just in the past five years. I don't know if I've met anyone who is so generous, or anyone who tries to pretend that he's not, which just makes the generosity even more genuine to me. I especially love what a great father he's been to Drew. I remember when I first met Drew's parents I gave them a letter telling them I was so grateful for the way they had raised their son and am still grateful for that. I love my Father-in-Law.
Drew has become quite the dad himself and I am so blessed for this role that he has embraced and for the efforts he puts into being the best dad. He makes me want to be an even better mother and a wife and a person, and I hope that he feels the same way. He blesses our family so much. I love my husband, Drew.
No comments:
Post a Comment