I once read an article where a woman stated that her greatest achievement was that her 'kids say please and thank you.' That really struck me. Sometimes I think we look for awards or recognition or glamour for our achievements, but I think it really can be found in the littlest things that we are day in and day out working hard on. I have really been trying hard to help Abigail and Lauren grow into kind and respectful little girls, and sometimes I feel like I've made zero progress. Today, though- even for just but a moment- I felt some sense of achievement.
Abbie had her first dentist appointment this afternoon and she did amazing! After the check-up she got to pick several prizes for herself. In the car on the way back to Grandmas, Abbie told me how she was so brave so she got three prizes. And then she paused and told me that she wanted to share her prizes with Lauren since she didn't get any and it then she could be so happy too. My heart just melted, and I felt like maybe I am achieving something.
Now, if I can just get her to ask 'May I?'. She really is such a blessing, but I feel extra blessed to be reminded of where my achievements and my blessings come from.
No comments:
Post a Comment