Monday, June 23, 2008

A Lunch Break

Today was Lauren's check-up at Children's Hospital and quite a long day of driving and doctor's visits for me. Thinking back to the many trips I made for her visits last summer, I feel so blessed to feel more stress-free about today's visit. Traffic and time restraints can stress anyone, and somehow I've really come to dread the trips to Seattle that I need to make. Today, though I felt quite relaxed. The change happened when I met my friend, Riane, for lunch in Seattle. Once we were seated in the restaurant it was like a huge burden came off of my shoulders and I just felt so relaxed and ready for the appointments and the drive back. I feel very blessed for our lunch visit. Lauren was so fun and it was great to de-stress and enjoy a meal with a good friend.

No comments: