Monday, July 7, 2008

Guided Driving

Today I felt the Lord's kindness in my life as I was guided to Abigail's check-up. This was literally a mini miracle and I awknowledge the Lord blessing me to help me find my way. Abbie had her check-up at the Childrens Clinic in Bellevue today and we arrived early enough that I decided to show her the temple and then go to Deseret Book before the appointment. Abbie had so much fun at the bookstore that we totally lost track of time and we needed to hurry to the hospital. I wasn't quite sure of the fastest way to get back on the freeway from where I was, and the sign I initially followed was for the opposite way, and so I just found myself turning. I turned and followed a road and just kept following it and turning as prompted.

I think it must have been the most direct route there. Getting on the interstate just to get back off in a few exits and go through lots of lights as I planned probably would have taken a lot longer than this back way that I was led through. It was really amazing to find the road I was on turn into the road I needed to be on.

Something else that I think it a blessing about this experience is that I really kept my cool. In past moments like these I've become really frustrated and distraught and end up even more lost, but I was able to just stay calm and keep moving forward. Maybe this is a little more of the faith that I need to apply in everyday life. I am grateful for this experience and for making it to Abbie's appointment just on time, even when it initially looked hopeless.

No comments: