Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Big Girl

Today I feel very blessed for how well Abigail behaved at her friend's birthday party. She was able to keep her composure and still have a fun time even though she didn't get to do all of the fun things that a lot of her friends were doing (go swimming) despite the fact that she really really wanted to. I was just so impressed with her. Part of me felt a little sad for her because she genuinely wanted to go swim like all her friends, but I was still so happy that she was able to find other things to do and have a good time after I explained why I didn't want her to at that time. This little experience just really makes me think of the future and how she will be presented with so many similar situations where she will need to be the one to stand strong and maybe even alone for what she believes in. She just seems to be growing up....what a big girl.

No comments: