Today I took Abigail in to the doctor. She has been feeling so sick- sometimes just reeling over in pain with a sore tummy. It just breaks my heart. So, today I took her in- the office experience was actually pretty miserable; she had to go to the bathroom with her poor diarrhea over and over and was literally yelling with pain while she was on the potty. And when she wasn't going to the bathroom I was holding her and rocking her or she was just rolling on the floor in pain in the waiting room. Not quite how I'd plan a day, but I am so grateful that we went nonetheless.
And the blessing is the advice the doctor told me, because it was practically the exact opposite of what we'd been doing. Of course that made me feel awful, that we've been doing almost everything for her absolutely wrong-her diet, the medicines to take, her fluids, etc., but I feel very blessed to have taken her in, to be humble enough to realize I've been doing things wrong, and to have a source to go to for information that is so valuable in keeping my little girl healthy. I am very grateful for that, and I pray she gets well soon.
And the blessing is the advice the doctor told me, because it was practically the exact opposite of what we'd been doing. Of course that made me feel awful, that we've been doing almost everything for her absolutely wrong-her diet, the medicines to take, her fluids, etc., but I feel very blessed to have taken her in, to be humble enough to realize I've been doing things wrong, and to have a source to go to for information that is so valuable in keeping my little girl healthy. I am very grateful for that, and I pray she gets well soon.
1 comment:
You'll have to fill me in on what it is you're supposed to do, and what it is you were doing that wasn't right...that's important information I might need one day!!
Post a Comment