Monday, October 13, 2008

A Great Grandpa

Today was a hard day. This morning my beloved Grandpa passed away. Somehow, even 'knowing it was coming' didn't make the actual thing any easier. It doesn't bring his sweet chuckle back or wipe away my tears or make me miss him any less. It doesn't help me explain it to my girls or to forget about his yester years or help me find comfort for my Mom. Knowing it is coming doesn't really help, but somehow, through it all I feel so blessed.

Blessed to have had so much time with a grandparent who has been such a big part of my life. Blessed to have been so near him these last couple years. Blessed to see him love my girls so much that it was like he was living to see them more. Blessed to have so many memories of a man who helped me really grow up. Blessed to have watched him care for our sweet Grandma after she always had cared for him. Blessed to know that he was always there and would always be happy to see me. Blessed.

I love my Grandpa. I think I am realizing how big a part of me he really is now that he is gone. He really is a Great Grandpa. I miss him.

No comments: