I've been staying up late working on an architecture project and tonight that led to a blessing of some extra cuddle time with Lauren.
I don't know if this happens to all parents, but my selective hearing has definitely kicked in as my girls are growing up. When Abbie was a baby I could hardly sleep- I always thought she might be crying. People could be mowing a lawn miles away and I would think it was her crying. So, I'd rush to her bed and check on her, even though she'd be sound asleep. Now.... three and a half years later, I honestly think I sleep through most of my kids' crying. It's sad to say, but by the time I finally realize that there is real crying (not just the lull that's been thread into my dreams) the poor kid has probably been crying for quite some time.
Anyway, tonight I was awake. And I heard Lauren cry. And I went in right away and just cuddled her until she fell back asleep. And it was a peaceful, blissful moment; and that is a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment