Saturday, November 1, 2008

Stake Conference

Tonight was the adult session of Stake Conference, which has really become one of my favorite meetings to attend. I have really grown to look forward to this semi-annual Saturday evening where Drew goes first to his Priesthood meeting then I join him for dinner and we attend the adult session together. Tonight the outline was so simple- only three speakers, the third being Elder Perry of the Seventy who had the entire second hour to speak and have a question and answer period. Recently it seems like there's been a return to basics- to the basic principles of happiness in the home and of family exaltation, and it was such a blessing to be inspired to do a little better and to know how important our efforts are.

These really are trying times, and it is sometimes overwhelming how powerful and sneaky the adversary can be at attacking the things that we hold most precious. It is a blessing for me to know that we can withstand all the tempests and whirlwinds of life if we cling to the principles that we've been taught. I am really grateful for that.

No comments: