Saturday, November 29, 2008

Family Talk

Today was a busy day of setting up Christmas decorations, hanging out with family, and eating yummy leftovers. But, somewhere in the middle of the chaos I was able to find some time to just sit and talk with my sister. It was a really great talk that has kept me thinking since, and has really helped open my mind and my heart more to the different family situations that are out there. I am so blessed to have a great family- a loving spouse and wonderful kids and a great extended family; and today I feel blessed to really empathize and have a new understanding for all of the difficulties and unseen trials that come with family situations that aren't necessarily the ideal. I found myself being encompassed with love for someone that I don't even know and really just want to find a way to make everything all better. I'm not sure what I can exactly do other than offer my prayers, but I feel closer to the Savior and his infinite love for others. I am humbled, and I am blessed.

No comments: