Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Operation Hope

A few days ago I read a post by my sister on her First Year Teacher's blog that really struck me. It was called Operation Hope, and she wrote about several things, and she wrote very honestly. So honestly that it provoked emotions that I often feel about myself as a Mom, but am maybe not honest enough to say outloud. I loved the post- it made me laugh; it made me cry; it made me think. And I think the best message is written write in its title: Hope.
Hope, the subject of President Uchtdorf's recent conference talk that I love; Hope, the opposite of despair; Hope, the "abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promise to us;" Hope, the counter to feelings of failure; Hope, the promise for the future. While I struggle with imperfections and weaknesses in this divine calling of motherhood, I am comforted by the saving principles of hope and my trust in the Lord to help me always be better. I feel blessed for reading Melissa's post written from the heart and blessed for my Savior who I hope in.

No comments: